As the years pass, our once-bright white teeth slowly darken and yellow. Tooth enamel wears away over time, leaving the tooth exposed to stains. Coffee, tea, dark soda, and wine can cause tooth discoloration, as well as foods like berries and tomatoes.
If you live in the Erie, PA area and miss having a white smile, we have the solution. At All About Smiles, we offer a variety of teeth whitening services that can boost your self-confidence and make you excited to smile.
How It Works
Teeth whitening removes discoloration by bleaching the surface of the tooth, erasing stains and restoring a white appearance. At All About Smiles, we offer the following three options:
- Whitening strips. These are generally the cheapest option. We’ll place the peroxide-containing plastic strips directly on your teeth and remove them after the session.
- Gels. The standard gel-bleaching procedure is to custom-fit a plastic tray to your mouth and then fill it with the gel.
- Zoom whitening. While you can buy the strips and gels from us and use them at home, Zoom whitening must be performed in-office. We’ll apply a hydrogen peroxide solution to your teeth, then use a lamp to activate the chemicals. This is the strongest and fastest whitening solution.
When supervised by professional dentists like those at All About Smiles, each of these teeth whitening services is effective and safe. You’ll have your healthy white smile back in no time!
Maintaining White Teeth
While the effects of teeth whitening are meant to last for a long period of time, not taking care of your teeth can lead to the development of new stains. To help your teeth whitening procedure last as long as possible, follow these tips:
- Limit the amount of dark beverages you drink.
- When you do drink beverages that may stain, use a straw.
- Rinse with water after eating or drinking foods that may cause stains.
- Brush with a whitening toothpaste.
- Ask about our touch-up options.
We want you to feel good about your smile. We have eight different locations in cities throughout the state, such as Pittsburgh, Butler, and Washington, PA. Each location is designed to give our patients a comforting, relaxing experience, so that our offices are more like spas than medical centers.
If you’re ready for a beautiful white smile, request an appointment or call us at 855.61.SMILE.